Saturday, September 13, 2014

Philippine Fashion


I'm not very well educated in fashion and I do like or love fashion but then it's not that I have a fixation on fashion per se but on cute or pretty things. I particularly love Asian fashion but like I said I'm not an avid follower.

Anyway, as I was thinking silently to myself about which clothes I should get and thinking about Mori or Natural Kei, Fairy Kei, Visual Kei and Lolita garments. I thought to myself, Japan has this Harajuku fashion, America and Europe competing with High fashion and Korea even has it's own fashion statements. Why doesn't my country, Philippines, have one?

P.S. Now, I don't know if we do so please don't plaster this blog with hate comments

As I was saying I tried thinking of a fashion statement -just for kicks- for the Philippines but I keep coming up with a blank slate. I just can't seem to make up, even for a joke, a certain look or fad this country can make and will follow.

It feels like the Philippine fashion stopped with the Maria Clara wear and even that fashion is influenced by the Spaniards. I don't know of any current fashion that was made or started by Filipinos because of say the weather or our nature and I feel like it's because of the identity crisis Filipinos have. I have read many articles and maybe 1 book about how Philippines literature and arts greatly revolved on our country and fellowmen being oppressed and until now the literature revolves around the oppression and corruption of the Government. We never made it past that point.

I do hope that one day I look back at this entry and be proud of how far the Philippines has reached, in terms of goals and missions.

No comments:

Post a Comment